Saturday, April 12th
Cocktails 6:30 pm
Dinner 8:00 pm
Join the area’s top business and community leaders at Karamu XXVI, the Zoo’s signature annual black-tie gala. Hosted by 2014 Event Chairs, Toni Everett and Henderson Everett Lee, and the Karamu committee invite you to come and get your groove on to the rythms and energy of the jungle.
Guests will enjoy cocktails, up-close animal encounters, gourmet meal, live and silent auctions as well as non-stop dancing to New Groove City and Impulse World Beat. All in the Zoo’s spectacular Safari Lodge events facility and adjoining outdoor plaza.
Entertainment presented by Raymond James.
2014 Event Chair
Henderson Everett Lee
Tickets are also available in Bwana level tables of eight. To inquire about a table please call 813-935-8552, ext. 225.
This year, Karamu will have a new way to bid on your favorite silent auction items—with your cell phone!
Here’s how it works:
- The link below will take you to the Auction site where you can pre-register and soon see a sneak preview of the items.
- You can bid via the auction’s mobile smart site or, if you don’t have a "smart phone," you can send a text message of the item number you want and your bid amount
- You will immediately get a response to confirm you are the high bidder.
- If you get outbid, you will get a text message saying so, including the bid you must make to again be the highest bidder.
- You can continue to bid at Karamu until the auction closes.
- If you win, you’ll receive a text message regarding purchase and retrieval of the item.
When you become a Bwana, you join a VIP circle of friends who provide the extra support vital to the continued success of Tampa’s Lowry Park Zoo. Your contribution at a higher level helps the Zoo to achieve its important mission of excellence in education, animal care, and conservation programs. Karamu, the Zoo’s signature fundraising event, is the single most important event of the year to benefit work of the Zoo.
There are also benefits to being a Bwana. Bwanas are recognized for their community leadership and generosity. In addition to knowing that you help the Zoo to reach more than one million children and adults about the importance of conserving the world’s countless natural treasures, you will receive:
- Preferred seating during Karamu
- Collectible Karamu XXVI lapel pin to show your pride
- Name recognition in the Karamu program (if reservation is made by April 1, 2014)
- The Bwana Party, a private VIP reception, which will be held on April 9, 2014.
- Please note: Bwana Table Sponsors receive additional recognition prior to and during the event and admission for 4 into the Bwana Party.
The Bwana Party will be held Wednesday, April 9. Details will be sent upon registration.
Your ticket is, of course, tax-deductible to the extent provided by IRS guidelines.
Click the link at the top of this page to purchase your individual tickets today. Tickets are also available in Bwana level tables of eight. To reserve a table please call Amanda Cook at 813-935-8552, ext. 225.